Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Glass Essence

My essence is glass
The casing is cracked
The lessons I’ve learned are ingrained
This man has learned
How quickly hours pass
Swept up like sand in the waves

My structure is known
And to it, I ‘scribe
I keep to the rules I'm told
But on the horizon
I see with these eyes
The chaos that threatens my soul

My hourglass, oh
It's long since been flipped
I’ve come to accept
That my clock runs fast;
With each falling grain
Fifteen more sneak past
The seconds don’t last
Too fast to complain

As structure slips by
Quickly, out of my hands
I watch as it crumbles
To nothing but echoes
A constitution
With no ruling class
And suddenly -
These walls I once knew
Aren’t so strong anymore

I fear that I’ve entered
A swan dive; where first,
I lept - comprised, strong,
My eyes tightly closed -
Til chaos came calling
And twisted my arms
It tapped on my shoulders
And opened my eyes
To show me the water;
It approaches fast
My poise slowly slips
And soon I am falling
I’m out of control
The air whistles past
Blood pumps in my ears
So I close my eyes
For as I have learned
That’s all I can do

The surface is hard
My glass walls shatter
My sand grains scatter
And soon they are swept
Mixed with water by waves


No comments:

Post a Comment