Monday, June 30, 2014

The Life of the Party

It's no crime to descry
To watch the dancers of life
Repeating the motions
With brand new associans
Who will just disappoint
But converge at a joint
It's a laughable thing
But I just have to join
A waltz through the room
To find that the door
Has been locked from within
So we turn to the floor
Let's dance til we can no more
Together, tonight
And in this single place
Our hands clasped together
My eyes on your face
And your eyes on mine
Synced perfect in time
We won't ever cry
But laugh, we will try
In this room where we'll die
As the air thins inside
We just have the night
Let's keep us in stride
3/4, Box step
Up and then a timid left
Love will tear us apart
Joy divide my weak heart
And yours just as torn
Young ambitions unborn
Inward though these walls will slide
You and I still dance in time
And though with tears your cheeks are stained
I've never seen more lovely eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment